Why Wasn't I Invited? is the eighteenth episode of Pee-wee's Playhouse.
|Season 2, Episode 5|
|Air date||October 17, 1987|
|Written by||John Paragon|
|Directed by||John Paragon & Paul Rubens|
Pee Wee Catches a Cold
Tons of Fun
Pee-wee plays with his toy robot, and asks the viewing audience if the robot reminds them of anyone. Pee-wee figures that the toy robot reminds him of Conky, and gets the secret word from him ("all") after a short chat with his robot pal. The flowers find a caterpillar in their flower bed. Magic Screen shows a documentary on how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. Mrs. Rene walks by on her way to Cowntess' birthday party. Pee-wee learns that Randy, Globey, Pterri, and Conky were invited too, and Pee-Wee sends them off with some tears in his eyes and some childish whining. Pee-wee, Magic Screen, and Chairry try to have fun but they don't, so Pee-wee writes the Advice Lady and she calls and gives Pee-wee advice. Pee-wee calls Cowntess and tells her off, then feels bad. Pee-wee, Magic Screen, and Chairry finally get their invitations. Cowntess comes over, upset over hurting Pee-Wee's feelings during the Picture Phone call; Pee-wee apologizes to her and goes to the party on his scooter.
- Mrs. Rene and Reba appear in this episode.
- In a scene where Pee-Wee is upset about not being invited to the party, George McGrath voiced the Advice Lady.
- When Pee-wee complains that Cowntess never invited him, he says "It doesn't make any sense at all", and no one screams even though the secret word is "all". And when Pee-wee put Billy Baloney away, he says, "Thank you, that'll be all", when the secret word was not even acknowledged, until Pee-wee observed this from Conky.
- Feature Cartoon: Piano Tooners (1932)
- It's unknown on how much of a good time Randy, Conky, Globey and Pterri had at the party, much less the others when they went.
- In the toy box, Pee-wee found a wind-up toy that bore a slight resemblance to Conky and entered into the Dinosaur Family's home, while they're watching a movie.
- The secret word was said and screamed at eight times.
- This was the only time a caterpillar was discovered in the flower bed.
- Pee-wee writes a letter to the Advice Lady, in this episode, and sends it to Mr. Kite. He first wrote a letter, to Captain Carl, in the Stolen Apples episode, after Pee-wee was very upset about not getting any mail.
- Jambi does not appear in this episode, esp. if Floory was complaining in front of Pee-wee, and didn't know anything about Cowntess not inviting Pee-wee to her birthday party, when he "wish you stop walking so hard," and Jambi's box didn't open.
- The Advice Lady is the only puppet to address Pee-wee as "Puzzle".
- This episode premiered December 1, 2020 on T.H.E. Television Network.
- Secret word: all
- Connect-the-dots: none
- Snack: Celery with cream cheese or peanut butter and cheese and crackers
- Wish: none