|Season 2, Episode 6|
|Air date||October 24, 1987|
|Written by||John Paragon|
|Directed by||John Paragon & Paul Rubens|
Why Wasn't I Invited?
Pee-wee and the members of the playhouse lip-synch to an old record (naturally played by Conky). Pee-wee plays with the Playhouse Gang. While Pee-wee's gone, Cowboy Curtis comes over and sings a song about flowers, Miss Yvonne comes over and clog dances; she later takes a bubble bath. Everyone decides to surprise Pee-wee with a snack, only Pee-wee also brings back a snack—an ice cream cake. Everyone has snack time before Herman leaves.
- The Playhouse Gang, Cowboy Curtis, and Miss Yvonne visit in this episode.
- The song that Pee-Wee lip syncs to at the beginning of this episode is George and Ira Gerschwin's "That Certain Feeling".
- First appearance of Rapunzel, Fabian and Lil' Punkin, the new Playhouse Gang members. Their final appearance is in School.
- The first and only time somebody other than Pee-wee played Connect-the-dots with Magic Screen, who happened to be the new Playhouse Gang. Last season, and on almost every episode of Season 1, with the exception of 2 (Monster in the Playhouse & Party), Pee-wee played Connect-the-dots with Magic Screen.
- This is the first episode (of all episodes) that Pee-wee had limited screen time in this episode. When Cowboy Curtis cover for him, it was explained that Pee-wee was playing with the Playhouse Gang, and would comeback at the end of the show.
- This is the second episode in which Cowboy Curtis played his guitar. He sang the "Flowers" song. The first time he played the guitar was in the Store episode, where he sang the "More" (which was absolutely, the secret word) song.
- Feature Cartoon: Philips Broadcast of 1938 (1938).
- This is the first and only time somebody takes bubble bath, in this episode, who in this case happens to be Miss Yvonne, after she clogged danced.
- Second episode ever to have a Cowboy or Country-Western theme. The first was with Just Another Day and the last was with Camping Out.
- First time somebody other than Pee-wee had use his wish. In this situation, it was Miss Yvonne. She later used Pee-wee's wish in Love that Story.
- Coincidentally, after Cowboy Curtis and Miss Yvonne made Pee-wee an ice cream and cake pudding, for them to have a snack, when Pee-wee purchased the same snack.
- Miss Yvonne reveals she is not a good singer.
- The secret word was said and screamed at 11 times.
- This is the first and only episode in which Miss Yvonne clog dances to Country-Western music.
- Globey inadvertenly gave away Cowboy Curtis' and Miss Yvonne's hiding place, after Pee-wee returned home and talked Globey out of it.
- When the King of Cartoons enters the playhouse, Cowboy Curtis was almost called "Pee-wee", when the King corrected it and said Cowboy Curtis was not "Pee-wee," though it was "Pee-wee's Playhouse," and though the King came to the ranch by mistake, which was mentioned for the first and only time in this episode.
- This is the third time (in the same season), a Penny Cartoon was shown before The King of Cartoons shows a cartoon. The first two episodes that did that before (in the same season) were: Store and Pee Wee Catches a Cold. The same thing would happen again with Playhouse in Outer Space and Pajama Party.
- Secret word: cool
- Connect-the-dots: roller coaster
- Snack: ice cream and cake pudding
- Wish: Miss Yvonne wishes for clogging shoes