Cowboy Curtis comes over to have fun. Pee-wee and Cowboy Curtis play hide and seek. Miss Yvonne calls and asks Cowboy Curtis out on a date; Pee-wee and Cowntess help Cowboy Curtis have a great date. Pee-wee makes french toast, with Conky assisting him. Pee-wee and Dirty Dog watch the Dinosaur family's vacation home movies; one of their stops is Washington DC where they met President Ronald Reagan. Pee-wee makes a sock puppet out of an old sock. To close out the episode, Conky comes up with a new dance called "The Conky", which is a slight variation of "The Robot", set to 1980s techno music.
- Cowboy Curtis and Tito visit in this episode.
- President Ronald Reagan is seen in the Dinosaur Family's home movie.
- Coincidentially, this episode was filmed during the time Reagan was the U.S. President.
- Conky assists Pee-wee in preparing food in this episode. He does so again in Pee Wee Catches a Cold when he helps Ricardo prepare chicken soup for an irritable Pee-wee.
- Miss Yvonne appears on the Picturephone; here it's to ask Curtis out on a date.
- Dixie and the King of Cartoons come in at the same time (without Dixie announcing his arrival).
- First time someone other than Pee-wee uses the wish. In this case, it's Cowboy Curtis. He later used Pee-wee's wish in Pajama Party.
- The events of this episode are mentioned again in I Remember Curtis.
- Although Cowboy Curtis is prominently featured in this episode, his name, and Laurence Fishburne's name, for some reason, aren't mentioned in the closing credits at all.
- Pee-wee played Miss Yvonne in much of this episode, when he was pretending to date Cowboy Curtis.
- This is the only episode where Pee-wee joked about the foil ball being gone.
- The secret word was said and screamed at 11 times, tied with The Restaurant, Stolen Apples and Party.
- Feature Cartoon: Mary's Little Lamb (1935)
- The scene where Pee-wee wonders what's happening at his toy shelf is from the Beauty Makeover episode.
- After Pee-wee made a sock, the sock puppet told viewers to watch a "Penny Cartoon."
- The scene where Pee-wee answers the door for the salesman is from the pilot episode, Ice Cream Soup.
- Cowboy Curtis says, "Boy, Pee-wee sure did pick a good place to hide." The secret word is "good," but nobody screams.
- Of the many times Pee-wee lept out of the Magic Screen, to land on Chairry, who didn't say "Gotcha" for the second time, because she was swimming with Tito. After Pee-wee lept out of the Magic Screen, he landed on the floor, away from Chairry, knowing he was "Safe," it was from the Just Another Day episode.
- This is the first time, when, after the cartoon was over, the episode was heading into a commercial break. The same event would happen again in Heat Wave and Conky's Breakdown.
- Secret word: good
- Connect-the-dots: helicopter
- Snack: french toast
- Wish: Cowboy Curtis wishes for a new pair of boots, one of the only wishes that seems to be long-lasting.
- Dixie and the King of Cartoons come in the Playhouse together in this episode. In every other episode of the first season, Dixie comes in first before announcing the king.
- Pee-wee: Hey, Cowboy Curtis, did you just come from church?
- Cowboy Curtis: Nope.
- Pee-wee: Then why are your boots so holey?
- Jambi: One pair of cowboy boots coming up! What size?
- Cowboy Curtis: Uh, 12, double E.
- Pee-wee: Boy, big feet.
- Cowboy Curtis: Well, ya know what they say.
- Pee-wee: No. What?
- Cowboy Curtis: For big feet, big boots!
- Knucklehead: Knock, knock.
- Pee-wee: Who's there?
- Knucklehead: Yah.
- Pee-wee: Yah who?
- Knucklehead: Ride 'em, cowboy! Yee-ha!
- Pee-wee: Cowboy Curtis has a date with Miss Yvonne and he's nervous.
- Cowntess: Ooh, a dating dilemma. My specialty. What seems to be the problem, Curtis?
- Cowboy Curtis: Well, it's just that I won't know how to act.