|Season 5, Episode 9|
|Air date||November 10, 1990|
|Written by||John Paragon|
|Directed by||John Paragon & Paul Rubens|
Playhouse for Sale
Something to Do is a 9th episode of Pee-Wee's Playhouse season 5.
Pee-wee sings the name song again. He plays connect-the-dots with just two dots. He makes a skateboard. Then, he reveals today's secret word, which is "do". Everyone can't decide what they want to do afterwards, so Pee-wee wishes for something to do. Jambi grants the final wish of the series, which is a to-do list. The list includes drawing a picture, blowing up a balloon, dressing up as a pirate, listening to a musical guest, taking a walk with Miss Yvonne, and even Pee-wee cleaning his room.
- Miss Yvonne visits.
- Last time there was connect-the-dots and a wish.
- Last appearance and acknowledgment of Jambi.
- Last regular appearance of Roosevelt.
- Musical Guest was a video of a man singing in French.
- The Name Song was first used in the episode Reba Eats and Pterri Runs, but was cut in later airings and the 2004 DVD re-releases. It can be guessed that Paul Reubens knew this ahead of time, and decided to do the scene again in this episode.
- Yvonne and Herman serenade each other in this episode, which is their second-to-final act of "ship tease" in the series.
- Secret word: do
- Connect-the-dots: skateboard
- Snack: none
- Wish: The To-do List
- This episode does not feature a cartoon.
- This episode features the final time Pee-wee plays Connect-the-Dots with Magic Screen.
The Your Name Is... Song
- Pee-wee: As I sing a song,
Won't you sing along? 'Cause I know your name is... You are my friend, And I can depend, 'Cause I know your name is... My name is Pee-wee, and you are... And I would never lie. You can call me Pee-wee, I'll call you... I know you are, but what am I? Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! TAKE IT!
- Chairry: My name is Chairry, and you are...
- Globey: My name is Globey, and you are...
- Billy Baloney: My name is Billy, and you are...
- Pee-wee: My name is Pee-wee, and you are...! (cheers and applause)
Pterri: (continues singing) My name is Pterri. My name is Pterri. My name is Pterri. My name is Pterri. My name is Pterri...
- Pee-wee: Pterri? Pterri! Pterri, the song is over!
- Pterri: (stops) Oh. Well, how was I supposed to know about it?
- (Pee-wee laughs)