|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Air date||September 26, 1987|
|Written by||John Paragon|
|Directed by||John Paragon & Paul Rubens|
Today's secret word is "over". Cowntess shows Pee-wee home movies of her vacation. Globey teaches Pee-wee how to say "Hello, my name is _____" in French and Chinese. The King of Cartoons finds a lost puppy on the porch. Everyone wonders what to name the dog. Pee-wee says he wishes he knew, when Jambi appears, and sneezes. Pee-wee tells him the wish, but Jambi denies, due to his allergy to dogs, therefore he cannot grant wishes involving dogs. Pee-wee calls Mrs. Rene and she tells him what to do. Pee-wee names the dog Aloysius. Everyone enjoys the puppy and wishes to keep it, but when Reba comes to the house, she sees that she's found her own missing pet dog, Aloysius. Everyone makes macaroni art, but Randy makes some mac and cheese to have as a snack.
As the episode opens, Pee-Wee notices that the viewer has come
- Reba visits in this episode.
- Mrs. Rene calls on the Picturephone for the first time.
- A new opening sequence was introduced, and it shows Pee-Wee doing various things in his playhouse, and it shows Pterri yawning in his tree.
- Pee-wee plays with a toy dinosaur, while the dinosaur kids play with a Pee-wee doll.
- Pee-wee names the puppy Aloysius.
- It is revealed in this episode that Jambi is allergic to puppies, therefore he cannot grant wishes involving dogs.
- Feature Cartoon: To Spring (1936)
- The secret word was said and screamed at nine times.
- The name of the fashion doll, Barbie, is mentioned in the Penny cartoon. Barbie is a registered trademark of the Mattel company.
- Everybody made objects out of macaroni, ex. for Chairry (who made a bedspread), esp. Randy, who made macaroni and cheese for dinner, which neither Pee-wee nor the gang would have.
- Secret word: over
- Connect-the-dots: none
- Snack: raisins
- Wish: Pee-wee tries to wish that Aloysius had identification, but Jambi can't allow it due to his allergy to dogs. Therefore, he cannot grant wishes involving dogs.
- Even though Reba tells Pee-wee she'll bring the puppy for a visit now and then, this is Aloysius' only appearance in the series.
See Transcript Here.
- Pee-wee: Boy, I'd sure like to travel around the world like the Cowntess.
- Globey: You know, Pee-wee. If you're going to travel around the world, you should learn how to start a conversation in a foreign language. They don't speak English everywhere, you know.
- Pee-wee: Hmm, I never thought about that.
- King of Cartoons: (opens the Playhouse door and a puppy wanders in) Well, hello there. I didn't know you had a puppy, Pee-wee.
- Pee-wee: Neither did I. That's because I don't have a puppy.
- King of Cartoons: Than who does this little fellow belong to?
- Pee-wee: Gosh, I don't know. He must be lost.
- Randy: Why don't you just keep the puppy, Pee-wee.
- Pee-wee: I can't, Randy. He doesn't belong to me.
- Randy: Well, you like him, don't you?
- Pee-wee: Sure I do.
- Randy: So, finders keepers, losers weepers.
- Pee-wee: But Randy, somebody is out there looking for him right now. I know I'd want him returned to me if I lost him.
- Randy: Well, if they were dumb enough to lose him, you should let 'em suffer.
- Mrs. Rene: (on the picture phone with Pee-wee) Oh, what a cute puppy! (laughs)
- Pee-wee: Oh, thanks. He's not yours, is he?
- Mrs. Rene: No, why? Is he lost? The poor darling!
- Pee-wee: Yeah. What do you think I should do?
- Mrs. Rene: I know what to do. I found a lost puppy once myself. We'll put up some signs in the neighborhood, and I'll make a few phone calls. Don't worry, Pee-wee. The owners will find him. And when they do, they will come right over. (everybody else screams)
- Pee-wee: Thanks, Mrs. Rene. (hangs up the picture phone)
- Globey: What if Mrs. Rene can't find the puppy's real home, Pee-wee?
- Pee-wee: Then I guess we'll be able to keep him, Globey.