Party is the 13th and final episode of Season 1.
The episode begins with Pee-Wee viewing his ant farm, where his Ants are dancing to 80's rock music. Then he starts up Conky and asks him for today's secret word, which is this.
Then, Knucklehead comes in from the back door to tell Pee-Wee a knock-knock joke. After the inhabitants of the playhouse ask him if all of the visitors could come over, Pee-wee decides to have a party. Just then Randy shows up, saying he can't have a party because it's not a holiday or a birthday. Pee-Wee tells him it's a reunion, and Randy ends up invited.
Pee-Wee and his playhouse friends decorate the playhouse in time for the party, when suddenly the Picture Phone rings. Pee-Wee picks it up and it's from the Playhouse Gang - Cher, Elvis, and Opal - all three of whom hear that Pee-Wee's having a party and are invited.
The party goes underway and some of Pee-Wee's friends have come over. Mrs. Steve enjoys some snacks and tries to play "Pin the Tail on the Conky" blindfolded, but after pinning the wrong people, she simply ends the game without a blindfold. Dixie and King Cartoon show up next, with the latter displaying "Bunny Mooning" (1937).
Pee-Wee and his friends soon dance the hokey pokey, when suddenly the doorbell rings. Pee-Wee opens it and it's the Salesman. He screams in horror, but stops suddenly, when he hears what the salesman said. He asks him what the offer is. The salesman replies, "Free foil!" And he hands Pee-Wee the foil. Pee-Wee sees that it's a good foil for his foil ball and sticks it there.
It's present time, and Pee-Wee gives some of his friends a present. Jambi's present is a wish, and he wishes for a girlfriend, which is a purple Lady Genie. Meanwhile, Pee-Wee is depressed he didn't get any presents. Some tell him it's okay, cause it's his party and everyone gave him a present they hid from him the whole time to save for last.
Everyone is having a wonderful time, as this is the greatest party Pee-Wee has planned, and now it's time for Pee-Wee to go. He climbs aboard his scooter and thanks the viewer for being invited to his party, and playing with him and his friends, and reminds us not to forget this!
- This episode marks the lasts in the series of the 1st season:
- The last appearances of Tito, Mrs. Steve, Cher, Elvis, Opal, Captain Carl, the Salesman, and Dixie. and also Globey final appearance wearing his suit.
- This is also Gilbert Lewis' final appearance as The King of Cartoons.
- This is also the King's last time playing a cartoon in a projector.
- The last appearance of the foil ball.
- Since his foil ball is oversized, Pee Wee mentions in Open House that he donated it to the foil museum.
- The last time Conky prints the secret word on a sheet of paper.
- The last time the first letter of the secret word flashing on screen is a capital.
- The final time Gregory Harrison performs Conky and Knucklehead.
- This is the first season finale.
- It is unknown why didn't Roger attend the party.
- Randy is not seen at the party, despite the fact that he is invited.
- First time where Pee-wee dances with Miss Yvonne.
- First time Reba is seen out of uniform.
- Only time Pee Wee took the Salesman's incredible offer.
- Chairry says she got a pillow from Miss Yvonne, but you can see Reba brought it.
- Rosemary Sykes played the Lady Genie.
- Cowboy Curtis is from the Wild Frontier.
- Featured Cartoon: Bunny Mooning (1937).
- The secret word was said and screamed at 11 times.
- This is the only episode in which Dixie wore a dress in lieu of her leather jacket.
- Mrs. Steve says, "Enough with this spinning, already!" The secret word is absolutely "this," when nobody screams.
- This is the second episode not to feature "Connect-the-Dots".
- The salesman finally gets to give Pee-wee his "incredible offer" – some foil for his foil ball.
- The music heard in the refrigerator sketch is the song "Tequila" by the Champs. The song is, also, heard in the motion picture Pee-wee's Big Adventure. When the ice cube dances to the song, it parallels the scene in the former, where Pee-Wee dances for the bikers.
- At the end of the episode, All of Pee-wee's friends made the perfect gift for him, giving him a present that turned out to be an imaginary friend.
- This is the second episode where the original King of Cartoons stays after the cartoon was over. His first stay was in The Restaurant.
- This is the only episode in which Pee-wee gave Jambi his wish – for a present to him - who happens to be Jambi's girlfriend.
- This is the only episode in which Pee-wee has a conversation with the salesman.
- Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Conky is an adaptation of the party game, Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey.
- When Mrs. Steve gave Captain Carl a sweater, she added an extra sleeve on the left side.
- Captain Carl jokingly asked the fish if they wanted his milk, when they were already drinking their water. The fish responded "that joke's so old, it's has algae on it!"
- The last time John Paragon portrays Pterri, for the first season, and will resume his role, in Season 3. He will be portrayed by George McGrath, the following year.
- Phil Hartman left after the first season to not only continue with Saturday Night Live, he also left the show, due to a creative disagreement with Paul Reubens.
- In this episode, Cowboy Curtis was given a pair of spurs, by Tito, to put on the back of his new cowboy boots, which was also a wish given to him, by Jambi in The Cowboy and the Cowntess episode. He would wear all of this, at the beginning of Season 2.
- This is the first of two episodes ever to have a party, on the season finale of this show, where Pee-wee invites each and every one of his friends to have a celebration, whilst bringing a present for somebody else, the other season finale is the Pajama Party episode, where Pee-wee invites everybody (with the exception of the new playhouse gang) to visit the playhouse to spend the night, after they brought their pajamas with them.
- Secret word: this
- Connect-the-dots: None
- Snack: various party snacks
- Wish: Jambi wishes for a girlfriend (Pee-wee's present to Jambi was his wish)