|Season 2, Episode 10|
|Air date||November 21, 1987|
|Written by||John Paragon|
|Directed by||John Paragon & Paul Rubens|
Playhouse in Outer Space
Reba Eats and Pterri Runs
Pajama Party is the 10th and the last episode of Pee-Wee's Playhouse season 2.
The secret word for this episode is watch. Tonight, Pee-Wee is planning a pajama party and invites all his friends to sleep over at his Playhouse. Cowboy Curtis brings in a sleeping bag so he can sleep outdoors. But what's missing is a new pair of pajamas. Cowboy Curtis requests his wish to Jambi that he'd like a new pair of PJs. Jambi brings him cowboy-style sleepwear. Roger the one-eyed monster is invited as well.
When it's time for lights out (in which Conky turns off the lights before going into his sleep mode), Roger counts sheep aloud, and he is warned by Pee-wee to count quietly. Mrs. Rene then hungrily sneaks into the kitchen for a midnight snack. Pee-wee decides to make fruit salad for snack time. Pee-wee says he loves fruit salad so much, and everyone dares him to marry it. Pee-wee says he would like to...
While playing wedding, Pee-Wee holds a bowl of fruit salad as the bride. Conky plays as the preacher. Pee-Wee kisses the bowl of fruit salad. Everyone throws fruit to congratulate the newlywed Pee-Wee and the fruit salad. However, it's only a dream as he wakes up to sneak out of the house.
The next morning, Pee-Wee sees that everyone is still asleep. He sneaks to the scooter eject then whispers to the viewers, saying he hoped we had fun at his pajama party. He tells us that right now he's sneaking out to get breakfast before the others wake up. He tells us to tune in next time and until then, keep watch!
- Guests at the sleepover include Miss Yvonne, Reba, Mrs. Rene, Ricardo, Cowboy Curtis, Cowntess, and Roger.
- The Picturephone's iconic ringing, first introduced in Puppy in the Playhouse, is accompanied by buzzer sounds in this episode.
- The secret word in this episode is WATCH, which is said and screamed at eight times.
- Up until this point, it was commonly thought by a lot of people that screaming to the secret word was only to be done by the characters on the screen. This is proven wrong with Herman asks Magic Screen if she and the viewers at home practiced using that day's Secret Word.
- Herman flirts with Miss Yvonne in this episode, teasingly asking her if he can watch her change into her pajamas.
- Conky wears a white-colored nightcap on his head in this episode. He also falls asleep in this episode and holds the book that Pee-wee places his hand on during the pretend wedding.
- This is the second season finale.
- First time in the episode where Cowboy Curtis dances with Miss Yvonne, only to be taken over by Pee-wee, which was his second time, in reality. Pee-wee also puppet danced with her.
- Featured Cartoon: Musical Memories (1935).
- This is the second time in the episode that Cowboy Curtis used Pee-wee's wish. He previously used Pee-wee's wish in The Cowboy and the Cowntess.
- For the first and only time in the entire series, Pee-wee's we says "shut up!" to his friends.
- The King of Cartoons didn't stay the night for the party, due to the fact, his pajamas were washing. Consequently, he showed viewers a bedtime cartoon.
- It is revealed in this episode that Cowboy Curtis sleeps outside.
- Magic Screen awakens Conky and gives the secret word instructions.
- Only time Cowntess is seen inside the playhouse.
- Second and final onscreen appearance of Roger, who made his first appearance in Monster in the Playhouse.
- This is the only episode in which Pee-wee really gets married --- to a fruit salad.
- Cowboy Curtis doesn't come in for snacktime and the pretend wedding. However, it can be excused since it was only a dream Herman was having, Jambi was also absent, too.
- Herman loves fruit salad and marries it when everyone dares him to, but the wedding is never acknowledged again except in Playhouse for Sale. However, this episode seems to indicate that Herman was merely dreaming it all up.
- Wayne White voiced Roger and played the man trying to order a pepperoni pizza, two root beers and a chocolate sundae.
- At the end of the episode, this marks the second time the show's ending theme song was edited after Pee-wee activated the hand to open the door in which his scooter came out. The ending theme's music was first edited in Stolen Apples.
- This is the second episode ever to have a party, on the season finale of this show, where Pee-wee invites everybody to visit the playhouse to spend the night, after they brought their pajamas with them. The first ever season finale was Party, where Pee-wee invites each and every one of his friends to have a celebration, whilst bringing a present for somebody else.
- This is the fifth time (in the same season), a Penny Cartoon was shown before The King of Cartoons shows a cartoon. The first four episodes that were featured both of those before (in the same season) were: Store, Pee Wee Catches a Cold, Tons of Fun and Playhouse in Outer Space.
- The last episode ever to feature a rubber band ball.
- Secret word: watch
- Connect-the-dots: none
- Snack: fruit salad (though it's only a dream)
- Game: Pretend wedding (though it's only a dream)
- Wish: A pair of pajamas for Cowboy Curtis