|Season 5, Episode 3|
|Air date||September 29, 1990|
|Written by||John Paragon|
|Directed by||John Paragon & Paul Rubens|
Front Page Pee-Wee is the 3rd episode of Pee-Wee's Playhouse season 5.
In this episode, Magic Screen shows a video on how ice cream is made. Pee-Wee looks at a drop of water (that fell out of the fishtank) through a microscope. Globey reads a newspaper. Pee-Wee gets an idea and decides to start a Playhouse newspaper; everyone will write articles for the paper with every news story having five W's and an H: Who, what, when, where, why, and how. After Pee-Wee interviews Miss Yvonne about when she's so beautiful (including attempting to pry into some personal questions), everyone has finished completing their stories and did a great job, which they have a reward they deserve: trail mix for snack time! Pee-Wee stays up all night typing it and when he finally finishes and falls into a deep sleep, Randy comes and changes all the articles in it to libel and fake news (as he had tried to shoot down the idea of having a Playhouse newspaper as being a stupid idea). The next day, Pee-Wee woke up and found out that the newly created newspaper is full of lies, including the front page, "Miss Yvonne Robs Playhouse", Jambi's horoscope column "Everyone gets 2 wishes today", and Globey's world report on headhunters in Iceland. Everyone tells Randy that he shouldn't make up lies about anyone or he won't have any friends. Pee-wee ends the episode by telling the viewers about the difference between lying and telling the truth, and learning an important lesson about friends today, and how.
- Miss Yvonne visits in this episode.
- No Penny or El Hombre in this episode.
- The newspaper that Globey reads is the Boston Globe.
- Conky contributes business news to the newspaper, Jambi does a horoscope column, Globey contributes a world report, and Miss Yvonne includes a fashion story.
- In the scene where everyone is sleeping and when Pee-Wee finishes typing the Playhouse Press newspaper, Conky is not shown sleeping in his usual spot near the fireplace.
- The word "how" is only said and screamed five times.
- Clocky says "Randy, how could you?" and no one screams even though the secret word is "how".
- The fan fiction Conky's Newest Feat makes reference to this episode when it is suggested by Billy Cranston (former Blue Power Ranger) that Conky gets a job as a floor trader at an investment firm called Stellarman Trading, with Magic Screen concurring by saying that he is a "whiz with numbers and calculations".
See Transcript Here
- Secret word: how
- Connect-the-dots: none
- Snack: trail mix
- Game: none
- Wish: none (when Randy makes up the story that everyone will get two wishes)