Beauty Makeover is the sixth episode of Pee-wee's Playhouse.
Pee-wee shows us today's secret word, which is "time". He gets Jambi to say it, but Jambi instead makes Pee-wee say it. Jambi tells a genie joke. Then Pee-wee wishes that someone would come over. Jambi grants the wish. Pee-wee comes to the door and opens it and sees the annoying Salesman. Pee-wee glares at Jambi for granting the wish poorly. When Pee-wee plays fetch with Pteri, he tosses his toy out of Mr. Window, but suddenly Mr. Kite catches it The anthro kite says it's his now, and Pterri sternly demands him to give it back. Mr. Kite agrees to do so. Pee-wee makes a space helmet out of a paper bag and pretends to fly into space. Miss Yvonne gives Mrs. Steve a beauty makeover. Tito gives Pee-wee
a piece of foil for his foil ball and a lucky penny. Cowntess borrows things for a tea party. The playhouse gang come over for fun. They have a contest to see who stays quiet for long. After accidentally triggering the secret word, everyone decides to pretend that they are doing all sorts of things. After the kids fall asleep, Pee-wee sneaks over to his scooter, saying that he will see us next "time".
- Miss Yvonne, Mrs. Steve, Tito, and the playhouse gang visit in this episode.
- Herman flirts with Yvonne in this episode when she visits.
- After Jambi granted the wish, it turned out to be the Salesman, who didn't ring the bell, but knocks in this episode, for the third time. The scene was recycled from the pilot episode Ice Cream Soup and Luau for Two.
- The first episode in which Pterri referred by Mr. Kite, in calling him as a "Baby." He would later be referred by Cher, for calling him a "Baby," in The Gang's All Here, and by Randy, for also calling him a "Baby," in Chairry-Tee Drive.
- Dixie stands in front of the door when she and the king come over, and asks if Yvonne can give her a makeover next. Sadly, this never happens onscreen.
- For the second time in this episode, the King of Cartoons says something else, other than saying the trademark catchphrase, "Let the Cartoon Begin". He had previously said a different phrase, before beginning a cartoon, in the Just Another Day episode.
- The scene where Pee-wee puts Pterri to sleep in his nest is reused footage from Rainy Day.
- The music heard in the refrigerator sketch is the opera, Alda, composed by Giuseppe Verdi.
- The first and only episode when saying the secret word did not elicit a response.
- Feature Cartoon: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (1939).
- The secret word was said and screamed at 9 times, tied with Just Another Day.
- Tito found a "Penny" at the bottom of the pool, reminding viewers to watch a "Penny Cartoon," when neither Pee-wee nor Tito didn't announce it.
- As Pee-wee and the kids trio sit down on an indoor step to play the quiet game, a boom mic moving left to right at the top edge of screen.
- Second episode in which Pee-wee was seen in clay animation, only when he was going into outer space. His first appearance in clay animation was from the Just Another Day episode, only to go inside his nose, past his brain. His last appearance in clay animation was School, where (while teaching with the playhouse gang), he was in the magic screen talking about Christopher Columbus and the Declaration of Independence.
- This is the first episode where Pee-wee asks what's happening at his toy shelf. This later becomes stock footage for a scene in The Cowboy and the Cowntess.
- The footage where Pee-wee lept out of the Magic Screen, his hands landed on Chairry, before landing on her is re-used again for Stolen Apples.
- In this episode, there are two quotes that feature the secret word, "time," which nobody screams at. First, Pee-wee tells Pterri that "it's time for his nap," but nobody screams at that. Second, the King of Cartoons says "it's time for a cartoon," but nobody screams at that either.
- This episode premiered May 8, 2020 on T.H.E. Television Network.
- Secret word: time
- Connect-the-dots: dog sled
- Snack: none
- Wish: Someone would come over (Salesman)
- The title of this episode also appears in other TV and online listings as "Beauty Makeover."
- This marks the third time Pee-wee's foil ball is shown.
- Jambi: I've got a genie joke for you. How many genies does it take to cross the road?
- Pee-wee: I don't know.
- Jambi: Four. One to ride in the box, one to push the box, one to watch for traffic, and one to wish she was at the other side.
- Miss Yvonne: You know, beauty is my life. I sleep, eat, and breathe beauty.
- Pee-wee: You really have a beautiful smile, Miss Yvonne.
- Miss Yvonne: Thank you, Pee-wee. You know, everybody is more beautiful when they smile. 'C'mon, everyone, give it a try.
- (Everyone smiles.)
- Miss Yvonne: See? Everyone is more beautiful.
- Herman: (flirtatiously) Well, not as beautiful as you, Yvonne.
- (after Mrs. Steve's makeover) Pee-wee: I don't get it, Miss Yvonne. She looks exactly the same.
- Miss Yvonne: Yes, but now she feels beautiful. And when you feel beautiful, you are beautiful.
- Pee-wee: That is the most beautiful thing I ever heard. (pretends to cry)